It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The CCO Analytics team is a one-stop data team focused on meeting operational needs as the business scales. We’re working hard to build the infrastructure, dashboarding and analytical solutions needed to keep Cash going strong.
As a Senior Risk Data Analyst for CCO, you will use your skills to support the data and analytics needs of the organization by designing, developing and deploying analytical solutions for customer-facing operational teams as well as other teams within the organization. You will build data visualizations that provide insights into how the business is performing, generating impactful recommendations that will continue to drive the business forward. You will partner cross-functionally to dive into data to investigate complex business problems, provide impact analyses to understand the pros and cons of any change prior to implementation, and propose insightful recommendations to Senior Leadership. You will partner with our Principal Risk Data Analyst to manage Risk data governance initiatives and drive QA efforts for all CCO Risk data developments such as reporting, ETLs and dashboards.
- Use data to drive analyses leading to actionable insights for the CCO Risk Operations business
- Serve as a primary contact for executive stakeholders within Risk Operations, driving business initiatives and answering high-level business questions for leadership across all Risk verticalsWork with various Risk stakeholders to develop executive level reports that provide insight into the pulse and health of their line of businessDevelop QA processes and perform in-depth QA to ensure completeness and accuracy, while ensuring optimization techniques and best practices are followed for ETLs, scripts and dashboard development Develop control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channelsMonitor Risk Operations data governance leading processes, policies and standards
- Produce deep-dive data analyses that answer pivotal questions and drive actionable business recommendations within Risk OperationsManage the reporting and data needs of our external Operations partners ensuring alignment with our internal data and reporting requirements
- Identify process improvement opportunities for the Risk Data Analytics team
- 5+ years of analytics experience or equivalent, preferably in an operations environment, or a related degree3+ years of working with customer success CX metrics/KPIs 3+ years managing executive level stakeholder relationships and providing executive level reporting2+ years of managing data governance efforts experience in a support or financial organizationRobust Customer Experience Metrics Best Practices knowledge Strong business analysis and writing skillsTableau Certification or Data Visualization tool CertificationAbility to communicate and partner with both business and technical teams Advanced technical skills including, but not limited to, SQL, Tableau, Looker and cloud environmentsIntermediate to advanced understanding of statistical knowledge such as, but not limited to, A/B testing, linear regression, ANOVAExcellent organization skills, attention to detail and strategic mindsetWillingness to work in a fast-paced environmentFinancial institution experience (preferred)
Technologies We Use
- SQLTableau, LookerSalesforce reportingAmazon Web ServicesPython
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 – USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 – USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 – USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 – USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending AccountRetirement Plans including company match Employee Stock Purchase ProgramWellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance Paid parental and caregiving leavePaid time off (including 12 paid holidays)Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees) Learning and Development resourcesPaid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.